- 1/2 cup of light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 large read apples, cubed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup of seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery (1 medium stalk)
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 4 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, juice concentrate and cinnamon until well blended.
- Stir in apples, grapes, celery and walnuts to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Before serving, place spinach in a large salad bowl. Spoon the apple mixture over spinach and toss to mix and coat.
(Makes 8 servings; 136 calories per serving)
Raw Vegetable Salad
- 1 package (12.5 oz) of tofu
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 3 cups of diced celery
- 1 package (10 ounce) of frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup of sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 of raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of light mayonnaise
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Cut tofu into 1/4 inch cubes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery green peas and cranberries.
- Whisk together the sugar, salt, vinegar, union cheese and mayo.
- Pour dressing over salad
- Add walnuts and tofu.
- Toss and Enjoy!
(Makes 20 1/2 cup servings; 150 calories per serving)
Special thanks to Chef T for these recipes!