We expect 500 participants from all over the world, and look forward to a lively exchange between policy makers, researchers, and citizens committed to advancing tangible solutions for a sustainable and resilient economy. Plenary speakers include:
- Frances Moore Lappé, author of Diet for a Small Planet and the Small Planet Institute Director.
- Dr. Renato Maluf, President Emeritus of the Food Policy Council of Brazil, and Professor at the Federal Rural University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Mokgadi Monamati, Senior Natural Resources Specialist of the Department of Environmental Affairs and Industry of Botswana.
- Jairam Ramesh, former Minister of Rural Development, Minister of Drinking Water and Sanitation and Indian Minister of State of the Ministry of the Environment.
- Shi Yan, President of Shared Harvest, and founder of the Community Supported Agriculture movement in Beijing, China.
The conference will be held on the campus of the University of the District of Columbia at 4200 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, D.C. For registration details and further information please visit www.isee2016.com.
ISEE 2016 is sponsored by the International Society of Ecological Economics and the College of Agriculture, Urban Sustainability and Environmental Sciences (CAUSES) of the University of the District of Columbia.