Embedded in the exhibit will be workshops on topics shaping the post-oil city of the future. Each topic will be discussed by panelists representing federal government agencies, district agencies, the private and non-profit sector, and individual residents. Free workshops will be held on the topics of mobility, energy, functionality, water and food security:
- Jan. 30, 5:00 p.m. - The opening reception will feature Ursula Seiler-Albring, president of the German Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations, Karlfried Bergner, Minister, German Embassy and a special introduction by Peter Voit, Transsolar. Register here for the reception.
- Jan. 31, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. - The City of the Future: Mobility and Energy Workshop. The mobility panel will include Harriet Tregoning, Director, DC Office of Planning; Terry Bellamy, Director, District Department of Transportation; Fionnuala Quinn, Alta Planning + Design; and Dwane Jones, UDC CAUSES (moderator). The energy panel will feature Michael P. Kelly, Director, District Department of Housing and Community Development; Georg Maue, First Secretary Energy and Climate, German Embassy; Peter Voit, Transsolar GMBH Stuttgart/New York; and Dale Medearis, Senior Environmental Planner, Northern Virginia Regional Commission (moderator). REGISTER
- Feb. 1, 10:00 am to 1:00 p.m. - Low Energy Building Design Workshop featuring Peter Voit and Pratik Raval, Transsolar GmbH Stuttgart/New York. REGISTER
- Feb. 8, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. - The Future of Urban Mobility Workshop featuring Lars Menge, General Manager Product Strategy, Volkswagen of America, Herndon, Va. REGISTER
- Feb. 15, 10:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. - The City of the Future: Materials and Functionality Workshop featuring Christian Fabian from building materials producer REHAU. REGISTER
- Feb. 21, 10:00 a.m. – Noon - The City of the Future: Water & Food Security Workshop featuring George S. Hawkins, General Manager, DC Water and Sewer Authority (invited). REGISTER