Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Student Spotlight: Gheude Hare

Gheude (Jude) Hare is an Architecture and Community Planning major in the College of Agriculture, Urban Sustainability and Environmental Sciences. Jude, who will graduate in 2017, shares more about his experience at the University of the District of Columbia:


What is your major?
My major is Architecture and Urban Planning.

When and why did you select Architecture?
I selected this major because I wanted to study a subject that would let me be free to be creative and broaden my view.

How has the Architecture program been beneficial to your life?
Studying Architecture has benefited me in a sense that it has changed my way of thinking into a more holistic view. I now look at everything in life as having interconnected parts that come together for one beautiful result. I believe that I will take a lot of the knowledge that I have learned in my courses at UDC and apply them throughout the rest of my life.

What Architecture instructor has been particularly impactful?
All of the Architecture instructors are very passionate about Architecture and try to do everything in their power to see that we students receive the best education.

What have you gained during your matriculation at UDC?
During my matriculation at UDC I have gained new hobbies, friends, mentors, but most importantly a new found perspective on my education and studies.

What would you like to do with your degree?
I’d like to become either an architect or go down a path of sustainable development.

You were one of the student managers for the 2015 UDC Farmers Market. What was the experience like?
Working at the Farmers Market was a great experience. I got to learn a lot about not just the community engagement aspect of it, but also about how important it is for people to make healthier choices in what they choose to eat.

Have you attended any other CAUSES landgrant programming?
I also was fortunate enough to get first-hand experience in a lot of the captivating projects that CAUSES and UDC are involved with in the Center for Sustainable Development.

What would you like to say to your fellow UDC students colleagues and to those students just starting out?

What I would like to say to students just starting out is that you should always try to stay curious and keep an open mind throughout your education and in life. Even if you’re not sure if what you’re studying currently is right for you, stay focused, study hard and you’re bound to find a subject that will peak your interest.

How do you envision UDC in 2016?

I envision UDC in 2016 to continue striving toward making our University a conducive place for learning and where students can be proud to say that they are a student or alumnus. 

What are your thoughts on the new Student Center? 

I think the new Student Center gives UDC an exciting new world of endless possibilities for a thriving student life. It feels like now students will finally have a place where they can not only congregate and study, but also have a new place for organizations, events, and ideas to flourish throughout the student population.

No comments:

Post a Comment